Pontoon Games OS
There are two blackjack games that go under the name Pontoon, the first played in Australia with 48 card decks and can be found online under the name Spanish 21, the second is the British version which resembles more the classic blackjack , but with some twists. Games OS Pontoon which we will review here, is one variation of the British game.
Games OS employs the standard set of rules, using eight decks of cards, just like the aforementioned games, as opposed to six decks utilized by NetEnt. Their user interface does seem superior to the competition, while we also like the fact that up to three hands can be played per single round.
All Pontoon variants see the dealer given both cards face down, and Games OS title is no exception. And while this definitely increases the house edge, the 2 to 1 payouts on pontoon and five-card trick are in place to balance things out, making sure that average payout percentage remains above 99.50%. Here you can find a comparison of all Pontoon games rules and odds.
Games OS Pontoon Rules
- Played with eight decks of cards shuffled after each round
- While the dealer is required to draw on 16 and soft 17, and wins all ties, the player cannot stand unless his hand total is at least 15.
- Games OS version has stayed true to standard Blackjack terms hit, stand and double (down), with doubling down available once per hand at any time and split allowed on any two cards of the same value.
- Pontoon is the highest ranking hand and it consists of any two cards with a combined value of 21, including after splitting. It is followed by five card trick or Charlie, which is any hand of five cards featuring total value of 21 or less. Both hands pay 2:1.
- Games OS offers gamers a choice to play up to three hands at once.
- House Edge: 0.4%.
Limits & User Interface
The game features a decent table limit, allowing bets between $1 and $300 per single hand or up to $900 in total per round. As we have already mentioned, the Games OS interface is our favourite among online Pontoon games, since it comes with visually appealing buttons, plenty of helpful options, full screen feature and allows gamers to easilyy switch from free play to real money mode.