Here we will focus on the blackjack games offered by Bovada casino. Which one is the most unique and exiting? Which has the lowest house edge and so forth. If you are looking for overall details then please check our complete Bovada online casino review.

Bovada Blackjack Games

In total, Bovada has 6 blackjacks for you to choose from. In terms of quantity that’s not huge, but in terms of quality and winning odds, Bovada is one of the best blackjack sites one can find. We will  review them in order of their winning odds – from lower to higher.

One last thing before we start: Bovada is an instant play casino, therefore you don’t need to download any software in order to play any of the 400 casino games they have to offer.  You can also play on the go using your smart phone or tablet, but on mobile the number of games is lower, about 150 in total.

* On a side not, this review is also relevant to Bovada’s sister Ignition Casino.

Zappit Blackjack

Zappit Bovada BlackjackExtraordinary varaition of the blackjack which can be found online only at Bovada casino group. This is one of the newest additions, invented only in 2009 by the same guy that stands behind Blackjack Switch. The special rule here is that you can zap (through away) hard hands of  15, 16, 17 and receive a new set of cards. Obviously, there is a price to pay: when the dealer busts with 22 and you have 21 or lower, it is considered a push. Overall Zappit is truly fun and unique game, but the winnings odds are lower than average.

Odds: 98.85%

European Blackjack

European no hole card multi-hand game. The dealer receives only one card face up and therefore doesn’t check for blackjack, which increases the risk. Additional rules:

  • Played with 6 decks.
  • Dealer stands on soft 17.
  • Double on 9 to 11. No double after split.
  • Split up to three hands. No re-splitting Aces.
  • Split aces receive only one card.

Odds: 99.25%

Blackjack

Although it goes under the name blackjack this is actually an Atlantic City Blackjack game which allows late surrender on any first two cards.

  • Six decks
  • Dealer hits on soft 17.
  • Double on any 2 cards. You can double after split.
  • Split up to three hands. No re-splitting of aces.
  • Surrender any first two cards.
  • Split aces receive only one card.
  • A split ace and a ten-value card is not a Blackjack.

Odds: 99.46%

Perfect Pairs

Perfect PairsThe only side bets blackjack on the list. The basic rules (and the odds) are similar to the game above; the only difference is that you can choose to place a side bet on whether your first two cards will be a pair: 7-7, Q-Q, etc. Side bets payouts are as follows:

  • Mixed pair: 6 to 1.
  • Coloured pair: 12 to 1.
  • Suited pair: 25 to 1

Odds: 99.46%

Side bet odds: 93.9%

Double Deck

#4 on our list of lowest house edge games. Two decks obviously, favorable rules; unlike the games above the minimum bet is $5.

  • Dealer stands on soft 17.
  • Double on any 2 cards and after split.
  • Re-splitting to three hands
  • Split aces receive only one card. No resplitting.
  • A split ace and a ten-value card is not a Blackjack.

Odds: 99.76%

Single Deck

With 99.92% odds and just 0.08% house edge, this is The best blackjack game you can find online. The drawback is that it’s definitely not a low stakes game. To enjoy these amazing odds you will have to pay $25 per hand.

  • 1 deck.
  • Dealer hits on soft 17.
  • Double on any 2 cards and after split.
  • 1 split only. Split aces receive only one card.
  • A split ace and a ten-value card is not a Blackjack.

Odds: 99.92%

Play Now


Leave a Comment

11 − two =