Blackjack Martingale System
Martingale is associated mainly with Roulette, but it’s still one of the most popular blackjack betting system. Even though Blackjack Martingale system initially seems like one that will never lose, ultimately it is a very risky strategy that could see you waving goodbye to your entire pot. It’s more of a short-term gamble as it’s best to know when to stop rather than being too greedy, and must not be looked at as an easy way to make long-term money.
Most of the time you will win but your prizes will be small; however, the money lost on the occasion you do fail will be much greater. One of the reasons this system is so popular is due to its simplicity and also because people wrongly believe that it is a surefire way to make money.
What is the Martingale System?
Martingale is a negative progressive system (vs Paroli, a positive progression strategy) that requires you to double your bets placed after every loss. For example, if your first bet is $5 and you lose that hand, your next bet will need to be $10. You then continue to double your losing bets until you win a hand. Once you do win a hand, you will then make a profit of one unit, so your original $5 will be doubled and $5 will be your profit no matter how many sequences it has taken you to get there. Players must always stick to their base stake even when they win.
- There is a good chance of winning if played for a short time, but you must be willing to lose a large amount when it does go wrong
- It’s easy to use – all you have to do is double your bet when you lose and stick to your base stake when you win
- Your stake can be as high or as low as you would like
- You can end up betting a substantial amount after only a few losses in a row. In general, negative progression systems, such as Martingale, are the most dangerous.
- Unless you have a high bankroll, it is possible to run out of money very easily
- Depending on what casino you are using, it is very possible to reach the table limit causing you to bet less than is needed for the system to work
- You could find yourself in a position where your wager completely outweighs the return. For example, if you start off with a $5 bet and lose your first five bets, you are already $155 down and the only profit you will get is $5
- It’s hard to realize when you should stop. You may find yourself chasing losses and betting a substantial amount of money and potentially more than you initially wanted.
It is worth noting that this system should only be used purely for entertainment purposes and should not be looked at a way of making money. Casinos are there to have fun so please make sure you gamble responsibly.
Last, no matter what strategy you choose to use, make sure that you do it in a trustworthy and fast payout online casino.