IGT Blackjack 21+3
IGT Blackjack 21+3 is a combination of European style blackjack game with Three card side bet. Here we will focus strictly on IGT variation of the game, but if you are looking for more details, rules, tips and odds, please check our full 21+3 Blackjack review.
IGT’s 21+3 Blackjack was actually developed by Wagerworks, but in 2005 Wagerworks were acquired by IGT (International Game Technology), mainly due to its online products, such as the game that we present here.
Rules & Odds
We will jump ahead say that when it comes to basic blackjack game, IGT offers the most player-friendly rules of any 21+3 games, with house edge of just 0.3%. In terms of side bets odds it also stands high with 95.85% payout, second only to Evolutionary Gaming Live dealer game which is played with 8 decks and offers 96.38% excepted return.
IGT Blackjack 21+3 is played with 6 standard decks.
- Draws on 16 and stands on all 17s.
- When face up card is Ace offers insurance (2:1).
- Doesn’t check for blackjack on 10 value cards.
- Double on any first cards.
- You can double down on split hands, including split Aces.
- You can split twice to three hands.
- You can re-split Aces.
- After doubling down you will receive only 1 card per hand.
- Blackjack pays 3:2
- Hands of same value are push.
IGT Blackjack 21+3 Side Bets
As we’ve mentioned, here you will be betting on whether or not the first three cards, yours two and dealer’s face up card, will constitute a winning Three Card Poker hand. The side bets are not mandatory, you can choose if and when to use them. However you can’t place a side bet without betting on the main game. You can of course place regular bet of $1 and $200 on 21+3, not sure why, but you can choose to do so.
- If you make a flush, cards of same suit, you will be paid 5 to 1.
- Straight, such as A-2-3 or Q-K-A, will get you 10:1 payout.
- Three of a Kind, three Kings for example will pay 33 to 1.
- Straight Flush is worth 35:1.
- Suited 3 of a Kind, such as three spade Jacks will get you the highest reward of 100 times your original bet.
Hand and Bet Limits
As you might expect from such a well known software provider, IGT offers the widest bet range. You can go from low $1 stakes and up to $1,000 bets on both, blackjack and the side poker bets. This is a single hand game, so if prefer to play few hands simultaneously, you can go with Felt Gaming 21+3 Blackjack or the one offered by Realistic Games.